Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Forever

You had my heart
That first time you hummed my name
Singing at the top of your lungs
Lyrics rolling off lips
Smiling when you hit that note
We had that one song
Hit replay over and over again
You took the verse
I took the chorus
Felt richer with every note
You were my safety net
From all that was wrong
That hurt me deep down
You wrapped me up in the melody of your voice
I felt the love all around
We never pretended
It was all true
It was me and you
Everything
Anything seemed possible
Protected in that bubble that was love
I never wanted it to end
I wanted us to be
I wanted us to see
All there was
But time was never enough
Two different directions
But its still there
That glimmer
How you felt
How I remember
That last kiss
Locked away
In my heart
Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment