Friday, November 11, 2011

My Chance

Time just seemed to stop,
The moment I said your name.
There was an urgency,
It poured right out of me.
I know its you that I want,
But am I asking for too much?
You see me but not the way I want,
Under the cover of friendship.
I've told myself time and again,
To be satisfied with...
To just walk away from it all,
But my heart tells me otherwise.
Can't you see the affect...
You have on me.
I want...I need to,
So much more than I've been.
I thought time was on my side,
That maybe you would come around.
Lately I feel I give too much,
Leaves me feeling empty.
But somehow I still want...still need,
A glance, a word from you.
Sometimes I feel like I've lost my way,
Wrapped up in my feelings.
But I know deep down,
That I'm worth so much more.
Still you don't see me,
This is my chance...
I've got to walk away,
While I still have a grip.
Grabbing it with both hands,
This is my moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment