Monday, January 23, 2012

Believe


Can I dare to believe,
That one day you'll realize,
That you'll finally see,
What you needed was me.
Is it worth it,
To wait and sit,
To hope that you believe it,
That you really want it.
It hurts every time,
That I think of you,
Of what we had,
Of what we could've been.
I felt it deep down,
The words I said were true,
I put my fear aside,
And put my heart in your hands.
Was it all a waste,
Loves fleeting taste,
I thought we were everything,
That we could be more than a secret.
I've sat in the dark,
Not knowing where to go,
Hands tremble, grasping at what might be,
I've lost my reason, my faith.
Was there any truth,
In your embrace,
In the way you looked at me,
The way you took my hand in the dark.
I want to see,
I want to believe,
I need to see,
I need to believe,
That there is more than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment